Are you using Facebook Ads for your business? If the answer is no, you are missing a huge opportunity. Facebook ads are highly underpriced right now and they could have a huge impact on your success. To use Facebook Ads effectively, you need to set up your Facebook Pixel.
What is the Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is the tracking code provided by Facebook that you place on your website. It collects data to optimize your Facebook Ad’s success. You can also build custom and targeted audiences that are likely to be interested in your business. It works by placing a tracking code on your website and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads.
Why do you need to set up the Facebook Pixel?
Because it provides valuable information about your customers that you don’t want to miss. Also if you don’t have it, you are missing a huge retargeting opportunity. Retargeting is showing relevant ads to the people that visited your website. It is more effective than other methods because you already know that the audience is interested in your product.
But I don’t use Facebook Ads?
Then you should be. Jokes aside even if you are not using Facebook Ads right now, having the Pixel helps a lot if you decide to use them in the future. Instead of starting from scratch you will start with a good retargeting audience. But as I mentioned a couple of times before, you should be using Facebook Ads not today, yesterday. They are underpriced and ROI is just incredibly high.
How to create a Facebook Pixel and add it to your website
Step 1: Create your pixel
1. Go to your Facebook Events Manager and click on the hamburger menu icon in the top left and choose Pixels.
2. Click the green Create a Pixel button.
3. Give a name to your Pixel and enter your website URL, then click Create.
Step 2: Add the Pixel to your website.
For your pixel to work on your website, you need to insert the tracking code to your website.
There are different ways to insert Pixel tracking code to your business’ website.
If you are using one of the platforms mentioned in the first option you can install Pixel to your website without manually editing anything.
We will go with the manual installation. If you can’t figure out how to do it yourself or if you just don’t want to do it, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I am happy to do it for you for FREE.
The Manual Installation
1. Click Manually Install the Code Yourself.
2. Copy the code pixel code and go to your website’s admin panel. Paste the code into the header of your website. That would be anywhere between <head> tags in the source code. Again if you have trouble with that, I am happy to help shoot me an email email@example.com
3. If you are not using Facebook Ads right now, just click Done in the Advanced Matching step.
4. Click on the Send Test Traffic button to check whether the Pixel was installed correctly or not.
Step 4: Confirming your Facebook Pixel is working
We already tested our Pixel but it’s always good practice to check it twice.
1. Add the Official Facebook Pixel Helper extension to your Google Chrome browser.
(It’s only available for Chrome for now)
2. Visit your website and click on the extension. This will show us whether or not the Pixel installed correctly and also it shows us which events we are tracking.
Pat yourself on the back. You made it. Your Pixel is ready to track your customers. If you need any help with your Facebook Pixel or Ads in general, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . I hope this tutorial was valuable to you and your business. See you in the next one.